Sunday, August 5, 2012

WELCOME!

Welcome to my blog!  My name is Matthew "Alex" Wheatley and I'm a musician from the Cincinnati, OH area.  I'm always a Kentucky boy at heart though.

Some interesting things about me?  I was born blind, but now I"m not.  I couldn't play guitar, piano, drums, or bass so I taught myself all of them.  I write, perform, produce, mix, record, eat, sleep, breathe, MUSIC almost 24.7.  It's who I am, and it's what I love doing.  But I'm still trying to make it my career too.

I currently play in a band called The Getaway based out of here in Cincinnati.  We just released our second album and I think it has great potential to garner some major label attention.  But you can judge for yourself!

Check it out!

Alex Wheatley

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your band sounds great. Very rock/pop sound that appeals to the teen girl market. They still buy downloads and can become very avid if short lived fans. I wish you much success. Your story of overcoming blindness is also touching and amazing and one you can work into promo material if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mr. Harlyn. Yeah we're actually starting to use that more in our bio and stuff like that. We're going to start playing hospitals too so hopefully get some press involved and create an awareness for both the things we've gone through, the people going through it currently, and for the band. Should be a win win situation we hope.

    ReplyDelete