Sunday, August 12, 2012

Peer Comments...

PEER COMMENT 3
I commented on Barry Brooks' blog post about Bizzy Bone.

Barry,

I think your post here is great! Good info on an artist you love and it shows. I actually work with the guy who engineered for Bone Thugs for a few of their songs including "Crossroads" and he talked a lot about Bizzy and how talented he is. I agree his lyrical content has only evolved as his career has gone on too. I like when you can see artists mature and grow into what we knew they had the potential to be. It means he's doing something right too because of the success he continues to have. Good pick! 

On a dise note, I found your video very inspiring as well! Keep doing what you're doing man!

PEER COMMENT 2
I commented on Jonathan Greer's post about Kraftwerk


Jonathan

Love your post here.  Very informative.  I like that you can navigate through it easily and find some great info on Kraftwerk.  I also like the mention of the patent that they had for the electronic drum kit they basically built from scratch.  That's the kind of innovative stuff that I think inspires artists today.  There's something to be said for people that can create things from their bare hands and turn it into something inspiring. Ralf and Florian were certainly capable of doing that.  Nice post here.

PEER COMMENT 1
I commented on Christopher Bezold's blog about Marvin Gaye's "What's Going On" album.

Chris,

I enjoyed your blog on Marvin Gaye and his album "Whats Going On." You make some valid points about him being a compassionate person even before the album. I think it's good you brought up his background in church as well because I think you can really hear that influence on this album. My only addition to that would that I think this album changed him in a way from what he had been doing. He was same in many ways, but this album gave him change as well. It allowed him to go against the grain of Motown where none of it's artists had really done before. It gave him a little more of an edge for an image because of it.

I also agree with your take on the album. It's quite soulful to say the least. Gaye's delivery on vocals cut through each track and almost whisper into the listener's ear pleading that they hear his message of love. It's inspiring as a musician the power that we can create with our own two hands and a piece of paper or an instrument.

No comments:

Post a Comment